It is the goal of RTCA to nurture students to become young adults who are responsible, have a respect for commitments, and a sense of community. RTCA has adopted a community service requirement in an effort to develop these qualities and prepare students for life beyond their high school years. Students should be dressed in RTCA attire when doing community service hours.
- Students in grades 9-12 will be required to complete a minimum of 20 hours each school year for a total of 80 hours upon graduation.
- Mid-year transfer students will be assigned a required number of hours based on their transfer date.
- Once service is completed, forms must be signed by a supervisor or sponsor of the agency.
- Activities which benefit the school or community provided that the community organizations benefiting from the services are non-profit, with the exception of hospitals, nursing homes, or educational activities.
- Activities which render service to individuals who cannot otherwise provide for themselves.
- Participating in a service project as a member of a service club or community organization.
- Volunteering at a local hospital, nursing home, etc.
- Volunteering one’s services to individuals, i.e. senior citizens or the disabled.
- Outreach programs of religious organizations and other non-profit organizations, which provide service to the poor, sick, needy, etc.
- Participating in events, i.e., marathons, walks, races, which benefit charitable organizations.
- Volunteering at the Boys and Girls Club.
- Mission trip with church.
- Participating in clean up days at RTCA, helping at the auction, working at the concession stand.
- Service for which a student receives compensation.
- Court-directed community service.
- Service that is a prerequisite for employment.
- Service to one’s own family.
- Unsupervised service.
Completion of Community Service Application
Remember to complete the COMMUNITY SERVICE STUDENT VOLUNTEER VERIFICATION FORM and include the student, parent and the supervising agency signatures.